- David Hebblethwaite reviews Mario Levrero's Empty Words (trans. Annie McDermott).
- David Hebblethwaite reviews Will Wiles' Plume.
- Jason DeYoung reviews Natalia Ginzburg's Happiness, as Such (trans. Minna Zallman Proctor).
- Jason DeYoung reviews Natalia Ginzburg's The Dry Heart (trans. Frances Frenaye).
- Daniel Green reviews Anna Burns' Milkman.
Best of the Web
- Writing for The Nation, Dustin Illingworth celebrates Malina, by the Austrian experimental novelist Ingeborg Bachmann, recently translated into English by Philip Boehm.
- At Review 31, Jon Doyle reads Ruby Cowling's short story collection This Paradise and tries to put his finger on Cowling's aesthetic tendencies.
- At her blog, Novel Readings, Rohan Maitzen has been taking a deep dive into the works of Virginia Woolf, most recently focusing on the "interesting failure" of Woolf's final novel, …
- Jacqueline Leung takes a close look at Yoko Tawada's dystopian novel The Emissary, translated by Margaret Mitsutani, and focuses on the ways in which a narrative about prolonged lifespans for …
- At 3 AM Magazine, Daniel Marc James tunes into the individual notes of the "nasal symphony" -- a symphony of smells -- in Jean-Baptiste del Amo's Animalia, translated by Frank …
- In the latest issue of the New Statesman, Anna Leszkiewicz surveys the boom in collections of personal essays by emerging writers in Ireland.
- At the Sydney Review of Books, Ashley Kalagian Blunt reviews Fiona Wright's new essay collection, The World Was Whole, with an eye towards Wright's manipulation of the conventional essay form.
- Agustín Fernández Mallo's Nocilla Trilogy, translated by Thomas Bunstead, has recently been published in its entirety in the United States. In an essay at Full Stop, Mary Pappalardo has used …